Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall, fall, come on fall!!

I can smell fall, it's right around the corner! It doesn't help that I work in the same vicinity of Bath and Body Works and can literally smell fall--they're burning a candle or oil that screams pumpkins, red and orange leaves, and apples. The weather in the mornings have been amazing. I love walking outside and being able to just breathe, it was way too hot this summer. I know that when it is below freezing in the winter, I'll be crying for summer, but man oh man, fall would be perfect right now.

Well, an update on the whole 5k. I won't be able to do the one in September. I hit a set back a few weeks ago. At the beginning of August I became sick with something horrible...a cold or sinus infection or allergies...or if I feel like being dramatic, all three. I lost my voice literally for two weeks and I'm still trying to get all of it back. I can laugh kinda loud and all that comes out is air...I am back to sounding normal though! I will say, working on tax free weekend without a voice and only coughing was a riot. I sounded very scary if I was talking on the headset, like Hobo or whoever is on the Lord of the Ring movies. I also had customers whisper back to me, I really tried telling them that they can speak to me normally, I didn't have super sensitive hearing. Anyway, this made running difficult, I could not stop coughing, I didn't get enough rest and was exhausted. I finally am feeling back to 100% and back in the gym (though...not in the gym enough!). I am very excited to say that I ran half a mile straight yesterday. That may not sound like a lot, but for me, who again was a couch potato with all of the fixings, is a huge deal for me. So, I'm slowly working on this, I am getting there though!

1 comment:

  1. RUNNING a half a mile IS a lot! Considering that I still can barely walk 1 mile at a fast pace w/out getting very winded.

    Sorry to hear you got sick. I hope you can participate in the next 5K and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete